It is a new name but the same commitment to the community and to the cause of HIV/AIDS.
Thank you to all who provided positive feedback and thoughts about the rebrand of AIDS Arms to Prism Health North Texas. The name change was done with patient and client care paramount:
“My clients, especially those from the Latino community are very pleased with the new name; they feel more comfortable coming to appointments and using services as it will not reveal their HIV status. One client said they especially liked the color spectrum on the logo, as it felt more inclusive,” affirmed, Leo Zea, Bi-lingual Case Manager.
Our commitment to the community:
- All funding stays local to support the North Texas HIV+ community.
- LifeWalk will continue with participation at all levels raising funds, and more importantly, raising awareness of HIV.
- Individual, foundation and corporate contributions are dedicated directly to where clients need the resources the most, such as funding for emergency housing.
- Clients living with HIV will receive the best care through:
- Two medical clinics in North Texas – in Oak Cliff and South Dallas – both easily accessible from major highways, with free parking.
- The HIVE –HIV empowerment group.
- Viviendo Valiente –program addressing HIV prevention, testing and linkage to care for individuals of Mexican descent living in North Texas.
- Free World Bound –providing HIV prevention and linkage to care services for HIV – positive and negative individuals, recently released from Texas prisons.
- And many other services and programs dedicated to illuminating each individual’s path towards a healthy outcome.